Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Exhausted

Im really exhausted.
Feel burnt out from work.
Have been so busy, it's seems neverending.
No break at all.
Peak period all the way.
The only difference is whether it is peak period, or super peak.

I am the last to leave the office today =(

Everything is so so fast-paced that I can hardly breathe.
The expectations r so so high that I am desperately trying to reach it.

Sometimes i dunno why im doing this.
Money seems like the only reason most of the time.
I need the money to feed my fave hobby - travelling,
to meet my needs of shopping, eating and enjoying life.
But is it really worth the effort?

At the end of the day, no one appreciates you.
So why the fuck i wanna put in so much effort,
when i dun see the returns?

Today my boss received some feedback from
some of the business units we are supporting from the head of dept,
and she called a team lunch meeting to share w us.
The feedback wasnt really positive, and it seems like ppl just dun understand
and appreciate the hard work we put in for them.
They think Marketing is such a glamourous and airy fairy job.
Do you know the dirty shit we have to put oursleves into?
Just to make everything - all events, branding, advertising, campaigns, PERFECT for you?
N then you still wanna freaking complain about us?

I am really dis-illusioned after that.
My morale for the first time in this job, became pretty low.

I feel so tired,
sometimes i feel like giving up.
Maybe a simple life is the best form of happiness after all.
Maybe I shud just take a pay cut and take on an easy job,
stay less stressed up and happier.

I once read in a magazine, a quote that I've been keeping in my hp all this while:

Happiness is not about chasing fleeting moments of joy
but rather how to create the most meaningful life for yourself
by thinking about what you value,
and putting time and effort into these areas of your life.


I find this so so meaningful and it really got me thinking.
What matters most to me in life? What do I value?
Does the littel success in my job make me happy?
Arent they just fleeting moments of joy?
Coz the next day, the shit returns again.

What do I value most?
I value LOVE.
Love for my family, my future family, frens, people in need, for God.
So how can i put time and effort into these areas?
Firstly I have to give up money, to earn more time
so that I can put in more effort in taking care of my family and the house.
If I were to get married, I wud hope to stay at home more
to clean the house, cook, care for my husband etc.
But I wud still want a job, coz I will get bored.
I want to help others make their lives better.
But how to do that when im in a mess myself?
And then, I dunno if I can afford the good life that i want if I dun keep a good job.
Haiz, see?

Life is tough.
Life is a bitch.
Full of opportunity costs.

Then again,
Life is a gift from God.
A priceless experience.
There is just so much to explore and learn.
To prepare us for eternal life, where everything is perfect.

I have to keep reminding myself the purpose of life.

But it is the idiots in this world that make life miserable.
Who are these idiots?
Imperfect and greedy man, like you and I.
The world is like that coz we brought this all upon ourselves!
Why play politics? Why compete like shit?
Why do you wanna all step on each other to get on top of each other, only to find yourself being stepped on by someone else?
Arent you just making yourselves miserable?

I dunno what im talking about anymore so im gonna stop here.
I wonder if anyone knows what im trying to say.

3 Strawberry Kisses:

Anonymous said...

Hey fion, just wanted to give u a heads-up. i know times are tough now n it's tough cos banks are cutting headcount so everyone's made to take on extra responsibilities .. if u look ard, i believe u'd see e same everywhere. so don't despair k? this is a tough time for everyone, but things can only get better frm here. i'm not saying tt it's a good thing to slog like mad, but just thinking that it might be a transient thing. every dept is under duress n will tend to point fingers for failure, so it's probably not even ur dept's fault. cheer up! hope u feel better soon!

yanz.chan said...

hey dearie! -BIG HUGS- i miss the super energetic, fun loving and enthu bestie! :) ya i understand what you mean..sometimes some events in life are already not beds of roses and yet some ignorant/power hungry/slave drivers/insensitive people at work makes life so much difficult to bear.. gradually i get so pek chek until i want to throw in the towel too.. but cant coz we have so many other life responsibilities too...so i guess we should just do what is required of us to and just take a step back to spend quality time with our love ones :) agreed?
-hugs!-

Anonymous said...

(^_^) as quoted from The Devil Wears Prada too ...... "To jobs that pay the rent"

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com

Template Modified and Brought to you by : AllBlogTools.com blogger templates