Working life makes you lose touch with your fun side. Not for many, but definitely for me. A fren said to me recently, "Ever since you started work, u r no longer happening. You became such a boring person...no longer the Miss Fun i once knew." It hit me hard that i was losing my life to work and to love.
Working my ass off yet with little recognition. Will increment come my way when i get my confirmation come this 22nd Feb? I doubt so. I am always so tired after work, n i realli love gg home to my mummy's home cooked food and to my beloved tee-vee and my cosy bed. N of coz...the phone, which i use to rattle off my little mundane musings and stories to my bf. And on other days, like Wednesdays and Fridays, I'll meet Nic after work for family dinners and Friday stay-home-n-chill nights. Den comes Saturdays and i'll be off with my bf once again shopping, eating, or simply lazing ard. N lo and behold! Itz Sunday....gym/swim day...sometimes Lazy Day where i laze ard and lie in bed the whole day, watching tv n doing nothing else. And I think my weekends r really fun!
So basically, to sum it all, my idea of fun now is just to chill out at home and laze ard. Yep Im not longer Miss Fun but Miss Lazy! And when i read my fren's blog or catch up with them, they have so much to talk about! So many things are happening in their lives. A good example is some of my friends go drinking or shopping with their colleagues..n i can NEVER do that! My colleagues aint happening ya know. All married..gosh... n most are with kids. N the rest who r my age, are not in my team...and they usually have their own happening life outside..or so I presume.
To the friend who commented that I am not longer fun...you are so damn right! I dun club anymore, dun drink anymore, dun sing ktv anymore...and i go home before 2am on saturdays, and before midnight on Fridays. I need to find myself again. I cant be lost in my work and get so tired everytime that i just wanna chill and laze ard at home or my bf's home.
I'll start doing fun things starting this Sat! Things i have never done before!Like... I wanna go visit car showrooms (without my dad)....itz time to start thinking when can i ever afford a car, or rather, how can i shorten the time i take to finally have my own car. I know a car is a liability...but...i simply hate taking public transport. There u go..although itz not such a big step to being the Miss Fun once upon a time...but at least the Princess in me is still alive n kicking.
Anyway, a Happie Valentine's Day to all. Treasure your love ones around you..n mostly importantly treasure your frens...coz i sure do miss mine like hell.
Oh yeah n i bought my Mr Nic. a Mont Blanc belt! It feels damn good to be able to afford nice and expensive stuff...Whippee! Lucky Mr Nic..hehehe...
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Where did Miss Fun go?
XOXO, Princess Fiona at 4:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Strawberry Kisses:
Post a Comment