Wednesday, June 14, 2006

World Cup Fever -Sizzling Hot!

I finally managed to talk my daddy into subscribing to SCV's World Cup Channel this evening! I couldnt take it anymore as i was bursting w excitment to watch tonight's Spain vs. Ukraine match! When i asked my dad two days ago, he did not want to subscribe as my mum was worried tt Daddy n me might have late nights n have no energy for work the next day, n my bro will be having 'A' level prelims soon.

Today, i found out that Daddy's concern was he had a misconception tt he needs to upgrade our SCV cable box to the digital one n subsequently have to pay additional mthly charges for the digital box or smthg. But his worries r unfounded as i clarified tt there is no need n subscribing is as easy as ABC n within the next 24 hrs! Just call and pay $15.75, n u get one mth of World Cup on your telly! How did I know? Coz Baby subscribed to it too! Yay! So, my daddy called to confirm tt my facts were right n subscribed! I was so happie! The Spain match is just an hour away n Daddy tried to talk the service personnel into activating the World Cup channel for us in the next 1 to 2 hrs in time for the Spain match...but she said she will try her best. So i waited n waited n waited..till the match started..still nothing...until finally at half time, i received the cable signal. But it was half-time! So i waited again for half time to be over...and yay! I cud watch my beloved Spain!

For the first half, Daddy n I were getting live updates n live scores of the match...but yet it only made me more frustrated tt i cudnt watch becoz it sounded so exciting! Also, the updates were not that accurate! The first goal was conceeded by Alonso but the website stated Luis Garcia! It was not until i checked another website that i found out the mistake...n soon after, they changed the name of the scorer to the correct one. SCREW UP! Boo! I cud've been more excited if i know itz my fave Alonso who scored!

It was 2-0 to Spain in the first half. However, both were due to deflection off the Ukrainian players. But who cares anyway..haha! The 3rd goal was oso due to luck as the referee gave a red card n a penalty kick for a seemingly dubious foul committed by Ukraine on Spain's last man. Din look like a serious enuff action to be dubbed as a foul, but oh well, who cares! As long as Spain wins!

At the end of the game, although Spain won by 4-0..i was a little worried. 3 out of their 4 goals were kinda out of luck. Only the last goal by Torres looks good. Just hope that they will buck up to get thru the rest of the world cup. Kinda hoping that Spain will get to the Semi-finals..but looks doubtful. Still hoping though, haha!

I've caught on the World Cup Fever! But boys & girls, please dun gamble n indulge in illegal soccer betting. Itz bad!

1 Strawberry Kisses:

Anonymous said...

You are only treated like a Princess because you are one. You are my Princess, Baby!!!

I want to thank you once again for the wonderful birthday that you have done for me. It certainly is the best that I've had in recent years.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com

Template Modified and Brought to you by : AllBlogTools.com blogger templates