This is a super overdue post on my cruise trip.
Was too lazy to upload so many photos.
Unbelievably, the cruise on Royal Caribbbean's Legends of the Seas is one of the best short trip
I had in since 2008.
Surprisingly. I never thot cruise cud be fun.
I was wrong.
4D3N trip...unforgettable.
It was so much more fun than my short trips to KL and BKK last year.
Prob becoz it was a brand new experience for me as I've never been on a cruise before.
N ppl say it is so so soooo much better than Star Cruise.
I dun like Star Cruise *bleugh*
It was a nice leisure relaxing cruise trip where we stopped over at the ports of call
- Penang and Port Klang (KL).
We disembarked at Penang for a short tour, but stayed on the ship when it arrived at KL on the 3rd day.
You can tell that it catered indeed more to the European market by the mere interior design of the ship,
the facilties and activities available,
and the ang mohs and different nationalities serving you.
The crew was a friendly, delightful and very hospitable 700 from 62 different countries.
I have never experienced such immense hospitality on my trips.
Would like to applaud the staff for doing their jobs so well, always brimming with energy and cheeriness,
making guests feel so so warm and at home.
They made every activity, no matter how simple/ordinary, seem so fun and exciting.
Oh and we met Baby's fren Darius on the ship!
What a coincidence! He was there with his gf Calista,
and it was pretty fun with them ard as we did some activities together.
Day 1: Took half day leave. Supposed to check in by 3pm, and depart by 4pm.
Altho small but not bad. Apparently much bigger than Star Cruise's.
Got bed, 2-seater sofa, small TV, dressing room, toilet and wardrobe.

Inside the ship near the main lounge hall.
Took pics outside the casino. We went gambling at the casino for all 3 nights!
Super fun but we lost everything by the 3rd night. Muahaha...expected though.
Casinos cheat ppl of their money lor. Dun ever think of winning there.
We took it as we paid money to have fun at the casino.

Went up to the highest open-air deck on the ship to witness the sail-off.
I feel like im on titanic. Wahaha!

Outdoor swimming pool.
Sailing off...
View of the sea with little boats.
Front of the ship.
Back of the ship.
I love the trail that the ship leaves behind on the waters. Looks nice.
Somehow it intrigues me.
Exploring the ship.
They've got paintings all around which they will put up for auction during one of the nights.
Im not that artsy fartsy, but i think the paintings are all super nice.
I actually do enjoy looking at them.
Glass ship model of one of Royal Caribbean's ships.
Baby and his stone head.
We thot it was Mozart.
But it turned out to be Schumann.

Me and Shakespeare!
I used to love shakespeare when I was studying literature and general paper back in sch.
Oh and the painting at the bottom right is one of my fave on the ship.
Not cos it is nude or wat, but I think it is very expressive.
Makes me think of protected, loyal, pure and passionate love.
N it is one of the few paintings on love on the ship.

Still exploring the ship. Some of the cool outdoor facilties available on the highest deck like miniature golf course, jogging track, rock climbing, outdoor pool and jacuzzi, pizza and drinks bar etc...
Wah, the wall is so high. Nvr gonna try this.
Think rock climbing is a dumb sport.
Roman-inspired naked statues near the indoor pool area.
Baby thinks his d**k is small. Pls lor, it is just a STATUE.
Some random photos taken at the deck. The sea is so chio!
It was super super windy!!!
My hair was flying all over the place! Check out this mad photo.
We went for formal dinner at the fine dining restaurant called "Romeo and Juliet".
The dress code for the first night was formal.
So Baby had to wear a suit with tie and I had to wear a cocktail dress.
Our appetisers lobster bisque and escargots,
and desserts low fat double strawberry cheesecake and some lemon coconut sponge cake.

Our steak and red wine. Delicious!
Next day, we disembarked at Penang!
Waiting to leave the ship.
Signed up for the Georgetown trishaw tour that covers Khoo Kongsi temple, Peranakan museum and high tea at Eastern & Oriental hotel.
Us on trishaw.
Me and somebody else's prettily decorated trishaw.
Our ugly trishaw.
Coz everyone rushed to choose their trishaw and we were too late =(
Khoo Kong Si Temple. Quite a cool history behind it.
Gold plated temple.
Smiling Nic and the smiling buddha.
Highlight of the day! Peranakan museum.
Guess what? It is Chen Xi's house in the show Little Nyonya!
The filmimg took place here and everything looks exactly the same as in the show!
I was so darn excited like mad, I went all ard taking photos.
A the gate of "Chen Xi's house". Find it familiar?
At the main doorstep.
The spices to make delicious and authentic Nyonya dishes!
The kitchen where Yueniang cooked for Chor Chor.
One of the posh rooms with westernised furniture.
The in-house ancestral hall where Zhenzhu married into Chen Xi's family.
The famous staircase in Chen Xi's house.
Cheki! The game that old nyonyas like to play.
Like Tua Ji in Little Nyonya, eating bettlenut and playing cheki.
Chen Xi's grandma, Chor Chor's bedroom!
Prenankan clothes.
Lelong lelong!
Old radio.
Old dresser table.
Sipping afternoon tea.
That is the table where Yueniang visited Chor Chor to break the news that she is getting married to Paul
More sarong kebaya.
Curtained door.
Dining room.
Where Chor Chor invited the shortlisted potential daughter-in-laws for lunch.
Peranakan porcelain china.
The famed beaded slippers.
Telephone booth outside the house
Last pose at the gate before leaving.
We were to last to leave and get on the trisahw!
Next was high tea buffet at E&O hotel (Eastern and Oriental).
It is smthg like our Raffles Hotel, with very colonial type of decor.
Had al fresco high tea facing the sea.
So romantic!
Door bitch.
Bellboy.
High tea with cold towels and refreshing ice lemon tea.
After that, instead of returning to the ship together with the tour group,
we still had 2-3 hours to spare b4 the ship sails off.
So we took a cab down to Gurney Drive for some hawker fare!
Made new frens with a mother and daughter pair from Australia
and shared the cab down as they did not have ringgit with them.
They wanted to go shopping but din know where to go.
So we asked them to follow us and brought them to Gurney plaza,
while we popped by Gurney drive to eat!
Gurney drive was like our Food Street or Lau Pa Sat or Glutton Street,
with super nice Penanag Hawker food!
We ate Penang Laksa, Oyster omelette, grilled cuttlefish, tow huay and chendol!
Yummy!
But i still prefer our local Laksa. More shiok with coconut milk.
Look who we found sitting on our bed when we got back to our room?
Origami towel dog!
So cute. Really creative n sweet of the crew to come up with smthg like that.
The next day they held classes to teach ppl how to use towels and fold into animals!
At night, we wondered around the ship.
Checked out Bingo, went for pool party with late night supper, and went to the casino for a few games.
Baby insisted that I take a pic of him with Mohammad Ali boxing pic.
Next day, we did not disembark at Port Kelang, KL.
Instead we stayed on the ship and played golf!
I love it!
We played 4 rounds and I won Baby in all rounds!
I think im quite talented in golf...hehehe.
Had wanted to take it up long time ago but no $$$.
After golf, we went to relax in the outdoor whirlpool.
Jacuzzi session! =)
But i think we soaked too long. Supposed to limit to 15 mins...
but we din know, happily soaked and chit chat for 45 mins.
When we got out, suddenly feel a bit giddy and weird for the next few hours.
I ate so much on the cruise that im so darn fat =(
We den met up with Baby's frens Darius and gf Calista for mahjong.
But the mahjong room was full!
All the aunties and uncle pros went super early and occupied all the tables liao.
So instead, we went to chill at Ben and Jerry's and played card games for 2 hours .
Super fun!
Then time's up fo our Bingo game!
I love playing Bingo!
Super fun and excting till I almost got heart attack.
But not lucky enuff, I din win anything although I was always very close,
only one number behind to completion.
Somehow someone always beat me to claim Bingo. =(
Nvr give me chance!
Last few photos taken indoors of the ship before gg to our last fine-dining dinner onboard.
This time round, we did not have to dress formal.
Dress code was smart casual.
Last few photos taken outdoors on the ship.
Capturing sunset.
It was breath-taking!
Esp with the strong sea breeze in your hair.
Wah...romantic.
I love the experience so much!
We end up losing all our money at the casino that night.
But it was ok, we expect to lose anyway.
We took it as we are paying to play.
Last night on the cruise...felt so sad. I din wanna go.
The crew put up a very nice final performance at the theatre that night.
The highlight was a acrobatic ang moh duo who did Cirque de Soleil type of stunts.
Absolutely stunning and it left me in awe.
Makes me wanna go Paris to watch the real Cirque de Soleil.
They also had a final song and dance.
Touching.
Loving it!
I bet on Star Cruise, it will be some stupid China cheena acrobatic act
which is not as fascinating as this.
Left the ship after breakfast the next day at 9am.I must say this cruise trip on Royal Caribbean really exceeded my expectations.
Can I not go home?
0 Strawberry Kisses:
Post a Comment