Saturday, December 2, 2006

Dinner & Dance

Today, my colleague sent me a photo that we took at a function yesterday. These people in the photo also happen to be my fellow D&D committee members. Today, we had our weekly D&D meeting. N next week onwards, due to the D&D day drawing near, meetings will be held twice weekly instead, each lasting ard 2hrs each. Just when i thot my work seems to be clearing up a little and i can stop staying late in the office...Dun seem very possible now =


I always in the Dinner & Dance Organizing Committee. Why why why? Haiz. I cant rem when was the last time i actually went to a D&D which i did not have a role in organizing. Prob in JC? Oh yeah..i rem now... the last D&D i went where i can truly sit back, relax and enjoy the show (n my food!) was during the first year of my uni days. To date, I have organized more than half of the D&Ds i went to!

This year, i thought i could get out of it. Afterall, it was my 2nd D&D with my company, and I alry organized my first D&D with them..which oso happened to be our sector's first D&D! My supervisor said i wun be involved this year as i already did my so-called "national service". Yeah...i even had to do a dance routine in the opening act last D&D.

Just when i thot i could get out of it, barely a couple of weeks after the new committee was formed, they needed some old blood to assist and guide them along as it was pretty chaotic at the beginning. So, one of the business heads, who is the chairperson of the committee roped me in as I was the Overall Coordinator in the previous committee. It is oso part of my job to organize external events with business partners and customers. So she prob thinks who else but me right? This is how I ended up with the role of "the Advisor" to her and the committee. Great. More work.

It's not that i dun enjoy organizing D&D. I love it! Itz fun! N the sense of achievement you get at every successful event is great! Lotsa attention n recognition on you and stuff. But it is realli hard work and i feel like retiring from the scene of D&Ds. Hahahaha. After so many years of organizing, i guess you will lose some enthusiasm along the way. Plus, committee members dun get to take part in the Lucky Draw! Argh! Tough luck! I wanna win something! I have NVR won anything at a D&D before! =( And it can get realli stressful because it involves EVERYONE of your colleagues, plus ALL your bosses, plus other TOP TOP management from the various bankwide depts, and most importantly, the Deputy Chairman. So nothing must screw up! Else it will look bad on our dept's bosses and my head will prob ROLL.

Hopefully, I wun be in another D&D organizing committee next year. I wanna enjoy my D&D and win lucky draw prizes!

0 Strawberry Kisses:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com

Template Modified and Brought to you by : AllBlogTools.com blogger templates