Finally caught the movie Sex and The City yesterday evening with Baby.
It shudnt be a show that you watch with your bf.
It shud be a show to watch with your girl pals!
But Yanz had to spoil it by being the first to go catch the movie with Ivy! =(
So the four of us cudnt go watch together.
Hahah yeah yeah put the blame on Yanz...=P
Honestly, I've not seen a single episode of the SATC series.
I used to be more of a Ally Mcbeal and Friends person.
Catching this movie just opened up my curiosity for the series.
I love the Viviene Westwood gown that Carrie wore! =)
And I abosultely love how the bridesmaids are dressed in black, blue and red.
(Gave me inspiration for my own wedding...haha!)

The reviews said that "If you've never watched the show, or you've never sipped Cosmos and hung out with a tightly knit group of girlfriends, or gazed with true adoration at a pair of $500 shoes, this really isn't the movie for you."
Well, all I can say is that this is so the movie for me!
Altho I have nvr watched the show, i can so related to the movie...
(I have gazed at pairs of $500 shoes, and $5K bags and $10K watches - IN ADORATION)
because it is all about things impt to me:
Fashion, love, and my girl friends.
For me, the part that left a long lingering after-taste was the ending.
The 4 girls were celebrating their friendship and Samantha's 50th birthday (she so totally do not look like 50!).
Toasting and laughing away...it was just 4 of them.
It reminded me of us...4 of us.
And then, they showed many other "4-s".
A group of 4 walking on the streets, going to places.
4 girlfrens within their closely knit group.
4 besties.
Suddenly I felt like crying.
Touched? I dunno.
The bond between them was so strong and I wondered if ours will stay that way till we grow old and die.
At that point in time, I wondered where we will be when we are 40-50 years old.
And I hope we can be where we are now.
The same old 4 besties.
We may be at a different age, in different phases of our lives, experiencing different problems and facets of life.
Yet I hope we will still be the SAME OLD 4 BESTIES.
Where we can still talk, bitch, complain, whine, listen, laugh, console, hug, love, and always be there for each other like before....in the different stages of our life.
I love the honesty amongst the 4 friends.
You may not like to hear wat your fren has to say to you - their opinions and advice.
But at least they are honest and they love you.
Friends gives the best advice.
Friends dun judge you.
They stick by you no matter wat and renders forgiveness no matter how sucky you may have been.
They share their things with you and are the siblings you never had.
They are your eyes when you are blinded.
They give you support when you are down and out.
They help to stand up for you and curse your bf/husband when they let you down.
They drop everything just to be there for you.
I was especially touched too when Carrie went all the way downtown
just to accompany Miranda on New Year's Eve.
It made me feel like friends will never leave you alone.
(Unless they are the zhong se qing you type -which really sucks.
I may used to be like that...i dunno.
But definitely not anymore! Not since Nic.
Maybe becoz after many failed relationships and my disappointment in men,
I grew to love and treasure my friends more.)
Another thing that left an impression on me was how well the girls knew each other's bf/husband,
such that they know wat kind of person the bf/husband is like and
hence are able to give their friends sound advice.
Like how the girls said that Miranda's hubby Steve is actually a really good guy and how she shud forgive him.
Like how Charlotte stood up firm for Carrie and how furious she felt when she met Mr Big in a restaurant,
being reminded of how he chickened out on Carrie at the wedding.
(She pointed her finger at him and said angrily 'I curse the day your were born. Really funny!)
It reminded me of how my girlfriends stood by me thru my heartaches, break-ups and when i was foolishly being cheated upon.
It reminded me of when Yanz told us what she said to one of her guy frens:
"To win a girl's heart, you shud first win the hearts and the approval of her best friends."
I've nvr really thot about it this way before
becoz i used to think that falling in love was just between 2 persons.
But it really isnt just that.
It involves your family and friends as well.
You would want them to give you their blessings as well, dun you?
That's why im so glad that the girls love Nic and Nic loves the girls =)
Yanz and LY, im so looking forward for your future bfs to win my approval!!!
Men come n go in our lives.
But it's our best friends who stay and can be counted upon.
I have had different bfs/guys in my life.
But my besties are still the same girls.
For more than 10 years...and still counting. =)
And then there are other best friends who appear from the different parts of our lives.
As new girl friends come along, I found more best friends.
A toast to my besties...
A toast to our everlasting friendship.
I love you!
Thanks for always sticking around =)
P.S.: To all my friends, esp my 4 besties, my Cands Cands, work besties, uni girls...
Thanks for everything.
I hope I can be a great friend to you as you have been to me =)
Saturday, June 21, 2008
The Big Deal about Friendship
XOXO, Princess Fiona at 1:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 Strawberry Kisses:
fion pony wony *hugs* i cried when i read ur entry. we've all been friends since we were 13-14, it's been more than a decade already. through this time we've gone to different schools, gone through breakups, been seperated across continents and yet whenever we get together i feel that nothing's changed. what you've highlighted in this entry, we've all gone through. i hope 3 of u dun feel as though i've changed after marriage cos i noe it hasn't been easy for u girlies to adjust .. i'm still trying to balance being a daughter, a wife, and a friend but i'm still me and i still care for all of u. BFF alright? even when i'm older, i still wanna go ktv and hang out and share our ideals and dreams! here's a toast to our friendship! love ya!
-hugs!!!-
i love my besties too! :) just like what fion said i also really really really hope that we will be able to chat and bitch like old times even when we are 50 or 60!
-hugs more!! -
oh ya!!!
hahaa i LOVE the wedding dresses!! they are all so pretty and what the gals wore for the wedding really gave me some inspiration too!
and hor i dun mind wearing green leh but not pink can? ahhaa aiyah well for ya wedding i'll wear anything u want me to la
whahaha
To Soph: We love you very much my dear. It's true that sometimes it's hard for us to adjust to the married Sophia coz you have so much more responsibilities now, and you have to live your life for your other half, but we juz hope u'll always stay the same and stay with us!
To Yanz: Hugs you back. I think I hugged and kissed you a lot when we had our girl's night out. Hehe! I love you dear! I wanna be your boyfriend until you find your other half k! =) N yes yes, i alry told you that u can wear apple green to be my jie mei! Altho pink is my fave colour, I dun want u girls to look like barbie dolls and kenna laughed at too! Wahahahah!
Aiyah!!! I know!! I got idea already!! Each of us wear a different colour as per SATC then u wun have this problem liao! wahahah ^^
Post a Comment